Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

In my tummy...

I've just finished eating a rather large serving of apple crumble. Can you really go past it as a dessert on cold, rainy Melbourne nights? No, I think not. Particulalry those crunchy edge pieces where the juice of the apple pops up through the crumble and makes this chewy, toffee like yummyness! I like to eat mine really hot with a big plop of ice-cream on top so that it melts and runs everywhere and you get that mixture of 'goodness me burning mouth' immediately followed by the relief of cooling vanilla ice-cream.
How do you have yours?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that sounds divine. I have been dying for apple crumble for ages and now I really really need it!!! I am up for rhubarb and apple crumble actually. I feel I will have to go to a market where old people sell such wares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, sounds yum!
    we had pear, cherry & blueberry crumble the last couple of nights..yumm, now I wish we had some for tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!