Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
When Oscar was 12 months old I put him into childcare one day a week and did some relief teaching. He hated it! I loved the idea of putting my work clothes back on and having some adult conversation that didn't revolve around poo. On work days though, all I'd think about was what Oscar was doing and whether he was ok without me. It was worse on those days I'd end up with a horrid class (this didn't happen very often but once I was teaching a grade 5/6 class and one of the boys tried to sell me pot!). I kept it up though, thinking it was only 1 day a week, and relief teaching actually pays quite well. Then I got pregnant again. I stopped work once I got too big for my work clothes (no way was I spending money on materity work attire for one day a week!). Isaac was born and a little while later Matilda joined us. Needless to say, I haven't gone back to paid work since those days.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
- Waking up early on a school morning and managing to get everything dressed, packed and ready with time to spare... meaning I have time to straighten my hair and wear makeup!
- Getting fishy lip kisses from the small people.
- Finding chocolate in the back of the pantry that you had forgotten that you'd hidden there...
- Finding it after everyone else has gone to bed so that you don't have to share it!
- Fresh new magazines... especially recipe ones! Currently loving Donna Hay's kid's magazine.
- Winning netball, especially as I was the goal shooter which is not normally my position.
- Cooking one meal for everyone... and finding that everyone eats it!
What is going on at your house that you think is 'awesome'?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
And to clearly show you how bad my OCD is, I will endeavour to take some pictures of her bedroom and pop them on here for your perusal.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
We have been very industrious in the kitchen today making 'chop chop' biscuits on a stick....
ps. for any interested parties, the 'chop chop' biscuits are out of the box (Betty Crocker baby!) and and dont forget to soak your sticks before cooking if your turing them into lolly pops like me. And my mince porcipine recipe is simply: 500grams mince, 1/2 cup rice, grated onion, salt and pepper. Mix together well and roll into small balls. Pop into a casserole dish and pour over a tin of tomato soup and a tin of water. Cover and cook for an hour or so. Careful, they are super hot when they come out!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
- I mostly ignored my children today.... so I could finish one of those jolly Twilight books!
- When my husband came home and I told him I was having a fat day, he told me not to worry, it was just my winter coat!!!!!