Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Simply Crochet Chunky Scarf

I've been addicted to the UK magazine Simply Crochet since it first came out.  I have a lovely newsagent who pops one aside for me every month and I get a dreadful womanly rush when I discover that both Simply Crochet and Mollie Makes have landed at the same time giving me reason to ignore everything else around my while I flick through both!
Each month they have a wee freebie something on their front cover and I couldn't resist making this scarf with the freebie giant wooden button!  Such a simple stitch too to create those ridges!  It almost looks knitted!















Given the distinct chill in the air I am feeling at the moment, I don't think it's going to be too long before I can gallivant about in it!



2 comments:

  1. Sonn! that is just amazing….as a non-knitter I do love those crochet mags, but haven't splurged on them for a a while as I'm still on my crochet blanket from last season! Loving that gorgeous colour and button too! perfect for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made the scarf! I'm the one who designed it :) That button is perfect, isn't it? Your scarf came out perfectly!
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!