Sunday, March 23, 2014

Simply Crochet Chunky Scarf

I've been addicted to the UK magazine Simply Crochet since it first came out.  I have a lovely newsagent who pops one aside for me every month and I get a dreadful womanly rush when I discover that both Simply Crochet and Mollie Makes have landed at the same time giving me reason to ignore everything else around my while I flick through both!
Each month they have a wee freebie something on their front cover and I couldn't resist making this scarf with the freebie giant wooden button!  Such a simple stitch too to create those ridges!  It almost looks knitted!

Given the distinct chill in the air I am feeling at the moment, I don't think it's going to be too long before I can gallivant about in it!


  1. Sonn! that is just amazing….as a non-knitter I do love those crochet mags, but haven't splurged on them for a a while as I'm still on my crochet blanket from last season! Loving that gorgeous colour and button too! perfect for autumn!

  2. I love that you made the scarf! I'm the one who designed it :) That button is perfect, isn't it? Your scarf came out perfectly!


Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!