Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Game of Thrones...

 
Oh, how I laughed when people kept telling me about Game of Thrones.  Nerds, I thought.  Who wants to watch some medieval tale about a fight to be king.  With dragons in it too.  And wolves.  And weird brother/sister relationships.  And made up languages.
 
Then I started seeing all these pop culture references pop up and it annoyed me that I didn't know what they meant and why they were so highly amusing.  So I thought I'd download the first episode and if I could get through that then I'd make an assessment on where to go next. 
 
That was barely a month ago. 
I have emerged from the other side of Season Three.  Barely.  Addicted.  With post traumatic stress.  I cried.  In several episodes.  My ringtone is the Game of Thrones theme.  I want Jon Snow's babies.
 
Do you watch it?  Please, I need a Game of Thrones group hug and if you've watched season 3, episode 9 you'll know exactly why!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you sister!!
    To tide you over until season 4... I highly recommend reading the books. They're just as addictive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally addictive isn't it. Much better watching in one go as you did rather than having to wait a week for the next episode. It was torture. Now we have to wait even longer! Maybe I should take Nicole's recommendation and read the books.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!