Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My creative space... The sunny spread

A while ago I came across an pattern called the Sunny Spread.  'Twas pretty and quite yellow.  I pinned it and then promptly forgot about it.  Then I came across the beautiful crochet work of Dover and Madden, and quite clearly I was so enamoured I had to copy her!  I realise this is soooooo not the done thing and is quite frowned upon by crafty types but I'm not selling this, or mass producing it or anything.  It's merely a wee blanket gift for my brother, his wife and their soon to be baby (girl!!! so they say!!!). 
 
The pattern itself is so super simple and so lovely!  Those raised sections are created by crocheting behind a stitch as the circle increases.  Super Clever!
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's not a huge blanket and is really only intended to be used in the pram or praps in a cradle when the lovely wee baby comes home.  I should also have blocked it, something I have never done with my crochet because I am a lazy crafter.  I think I shall just sit something heavy on it and hope for the best!
 
How can one not include a photo of the craft project with peeping toes on display?!  This is standard crafty instagram fare when photographing blankets right?!
 
Then I tried to get toooo crazy....
This is totes supposed to be one of those shots of the crafty type with their crafty blanket floating beautifully next them... looking all crafty, serene and clever. 
Perhaps not.

3 comments:

  1. love it, beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. Neutral and modern colours. Good sized. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Could you upload the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!