Julie from Mama of 2 boys has invited me to share 10 things about myself with you that you may or may not know already.
- I am living in fantasy world at the moment that exists with me wanting to turn '40 in France'. I have four years to save and am tempted to open a bank account named exactly that. I want to go by myself - no husband, no kids - and just wander the streets soaking it all in.
- I tutor small people who are not my own, helping them to read and write. I am eternally patient, kind and non-grouchy. Something I find well-nigh impossible to be when attempting to help my own child to read.
- I am not very good at keeping secrets. Dont tell me anything you dont want my sister Tania to know...or my friend Kate...or my husband.
- I have never washed the windows on my house or cleaned the skirting boards or dusted the little ledge they create. The thought of doing such a thing renders me braindead. I wait for my MIL to visit and she does it for me.
- I have 144 apps on my iphone. I maybe use about 10 of them.
- I have two degrees, one of which is an Arts degree from the Uni of Tasmania with a major in Sociology and a minor in Philosophy. I have never used this degree for anything. Although I have kept one philosophy textbook on my shelf called 'The Meaning of Life', a statement it does not really answer but I feel like the presence of the book itself indicates to others that I might know what it is.
- I have not worked in 7 years. Technically I am still considered to be on maternity leave from my primary school teaching position. I think this lack of working may strongly impact on my number 1 up there... no money equals no savings in that '40 in France' account!
- I find most teenagers scary and intimidating. Where do they get all that confidence from????
- I may have told you this before but my husband does the majority of the cooking in our house.
- I am addicted to blog reading. It is replacing my magazine addiction. I have so many blogs in my Google Reader that some mornings I wake up and discover 100's of new things sitting there ready for me to read. I cant believe I waited so long to become a part of this online community!
I think I am supposed to dob in some other lovely blogging mates to share 10 things about themselves as well, but in doing the rounds I've noticed a few of my favourite people have already done this. So if you would like to share 10 things about yourself with us, leave a comment below and we'll all come and visit you.