Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas advent bunting...Yes please!




After some fairly intense nights of sewing, I have finally finished my gift for The Haby Goddess' Handmade Kris Kringle!  The theme was red and white and while I was originally thinking I'd go down the crochet pathway, once I'd seen the link for this Christmas Advent Bunting I changed my mind.  While it was fairly straightforward, there was lots of cutting, pinning and sewing which took me ages but I am sooooo impressed with how good it looks I have started making one up for myself to keep!  The pockets are the perfect size for advent treats although I can imagine it might get a little heavy when full!  I really hope my 'Kris Kringler' loves it... and has room to hang it!  It's pretty long!!!

5 comments:

  1. it looks so wonderful!! nice work : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! It looks gorgeous, so festive, without going over the top... a real classy Christmas idea :o)
    I would have so much fun filling that bunting up with treats and surprises xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunting looks fantastic. The person receiving your gift will be over the moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that you used my tutorial ( and that it worked... phew!)
    What a small word - I'm participating in Jodie's swap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Lioness Lady I am the luckiest blogger in the world! I received your bunting today! Thank you so so so so much, it is gorgeous. I really appreciate the time and effort you have put in to making it. I will take a photo of it in its new home over the weekend. Once again, thank you!
    From a very excited Angela @ http://sewlatiembroidery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!