Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

7 weeks of grateful and then what....


I am not sure what happened to my good intentions of blogging 52 weeks of grateful.  I made it week 7 then.... disappeared!
I ended up working Thursday and Friday nights and mostly Saturdays and Sundays and so would be out of the loop for a few days and not organised enough to plan ahead.  I felt annoyed and cross with myself and then more annoyed and cross as I watched other grateful people fall by the weyside too.  It's such a simple thing to look around ourselves, to refocus and see the things that really make us happy, so I am climbing back on the wagon just in time for a Grateful Reunion!
Head on over to Maxabella loves and look at her most impressive grateful list!  And her impressive giveaway celebrating gratitude!
This week I am grateful for:
Motivating Personal Trainers:  I started going to one at the start of the year and am a total convert to having someone yelling at me to get results.  I still wax and wane with my own motivation but have consistently kept going regardless of how unbothered I can be at times.  She takes on small groups of 3 or 4 or 5 and has been fabulous in showing you how to use your own neighbourhood to get fit and healthy.  After dilly dallying yesterday morning with a major case of the "can't be fucked's" I rocked up to discover I was the only one who had shown up!  Instead of having her focus on a small group (where I can sometimes get away with not doing my best - hilarious in itself when you think about it!!!) it was all about pushing me and moving me as far and as hard as possible!  A warm up run around the big neighbourhood block, 5x100metre sprints with a light jog in between, a boxing routine (where I realise how totally uncoordinated I am), some light (!!!) core work on my abs and then a helpful stretch.  Buggered... well and truly.  Feeling good... you bet!

Kitchen and Laundry tiles:  Because a surprise projectile vomit on to the carpet wouldn't have been half as easy to clean up!  Nor the dog poo that was left for me to deal with after someone bought the dog in for the night and then forgot to lay out the newspaper!
(why yes, I am leaving you with a picture of dog poop... and the guilty party sitting at the door waiting for his breakfast!)

11 comments:

  1. Oh that photo is hilarious! I don't know if I could do the personal trainer thing - it would be good for me I'm sure but I would hate that focussed attention on me! Good on you for sticking it out! You must feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you with the personal trainer... and the dog poo... oh yeah!

    Was it really only to week 7? That's ages ago! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic is the personal trainer! I've been going to bootcamp since the start of the year and I arrive with a half hearted effort and feel so good each week when it's over and I have more energy. Good on you.
    Absolutely love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back and good on you hitting the personal trainer route for exercise. such a good investment (i use the classes at my gym the same way - they push me harder than i would myself)

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i confess to dropping off the grateful bandwagon too! Weekends and blogging just really started to clash this year and i felt bad if i linked up but didn't have to visit other gratefuls...but like you i;m making more of an effort! Good on you and your personal trainer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a personal trainer! Although slightly daunted by that regime you've listed! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh gotta love the fur babies! Ours just vomited in the car today. Apparently she gets just as car sick as I do. Joy. Now we all need personal trainers to keep us writing our grateful lists!! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  8. good on you! Nothing better then a sweaty personal training season to make the heart beat faster! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks so innocent sitting there waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your last little comment made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go you! I need to get in to a bit of personal training too! x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!