Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

My creative space...

 
I made a dress!  Can I get a woot woot??!!
 
Miss Matilda has a lovely tea party to attend this Sunday and when I spied this beautiful fabric at Gail B's the other week I knew I had to have it.
 
 
The dress was super easy and one I have made before.  (If you click on that link you can see how I modified the arm hole so that it was a little deeper). I followed the pattern a little better this time though and used bias binding round the arm hole and elastic across the chest rather than threading a ribbon tie through that chest area which would then do up over the shoulder on one side... make sense??!! (Again, you can see this one shoulder do up if you click on my previously made dress link).
 
 
 
I loved it so much I made two and gave one to a little friend!
 
And for an extra little thrill when I put it up on instagram, one of my instagram buddies @meandmy2guys let Melody Miller (@missletterm: the fabric designer) know and she commented on it!  Yay!
 
 
Some other creative spaces are over on Kidspot.  And you must go and visit Paisley Jade and see the beautiful black bordered granny blanket she has made!

6 comments:

  1. Melody is really nice, I knew she'd love it! :) I have a whole load of that range stashed away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody is really nice, I knew she'd love it! :) I have a whole load of that range stashed away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress! Your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot Woot!!! What a gorgeous dress... LOVE that fabric and what a bonus Melody Miller loving it too! Fantastic!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful lady, you clever thing. Matilda will feel so extra special strutting around in her special frock that Mama lovingly made. And her little friend is a lucky ducky too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - you get a whoot whoot from me :)
    How cute is that fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!