Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

My creative space... Part two!


Gosh I love making these little skirts for presents!  Quick, easy, not too expensive... and completely sticking with my attempt at handmade gifts this year!

I like to team them with a plain t-shirt picked up at Target or Big W which I can then leave plain or pretty it up!  In this case with a babushka dolly that I have ironed and sewn on!  What a surprise!


For this skirt I followed this tutorial to add the apple panel onto the bottom.  I then finished it off like I do with the Pretty Panel Doll skirts - sew the side seams together, iron them out, create a hem, create a waistband.

Our creative spaces is a weekly blog post where you can head to add your own creative link and check out everyone elses.

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't dusted off my machine to give one of these a go, but I'm determined to do it soon! Every time I see one of yours I get more and more motivated. But somehow that pesky crochet hook stands in my way!!! Have a fab week hon.
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Is the babushka from some fabric that u cut out or an iron on? Love the apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is an awesome gift
    my girls would love to receive this

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning outfit, you're awesome at creating beautiful things. This one is perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!